Monday, August 3, 2009

What muscles are worked while inline skating/ rollerblading?

I've rollerbladed all the time in the pasts and stopped about a year ago. I've started up again so my dog can get a great workout in the morning. We rollerblade for at least and hour. I was just curious as to what muscles are worked. I know my thighs are on fire but some sort of shin muscle is definitely worked. It was on fire when I first started.

What muscles are worked while inline skating/ rollerblading?
That is probably "tibialis anterior" muscles if your feeling it in the front of your lower legs, next to the bone (tibia). Yes, this is also known as the area for "shin splints". I'm sure that you know that with time and exercise the fire and aches will dissipate.
Reply:With roller blading you work many muscles that don't always get worked as often as they should.





In addition to your butt, you are probably feeling some aching in your inner thighs (from your calf to your groin), the entire back of your legs from your ankles to the lower half of your butt, your obliques from swaying back and forth, your lower back and waist also from the hip swaying motion and your shoulder muscles.





Inline skating is an incredible exercise as it not only works almost all the major muscles in your body but it can be an excellent cardio workout if you move your arms more than you normally would.





Actually your question should probably be "what muscles am I not working" as you work so many with roller blading.


Great exercise!



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment