Friday, July 31, 2009

Want to start inline skating, I have wide foot,12.5EEE. any brand recomends? prefer 1 buy,ForFutureProgress.?

Is there such a skate that will allow me to get better without equipment holding me back? I was thinking of a soft skate like rollerblade or K2. I'm kinda just starting out. I thought a 78-80 mm wheel with abec7 bearings might keep me in tune for a while? I'm pleasure skating for exersize but would like to cut up %26amp; speed some also. (kinda like hockey style) I skate indoors on wood floor. Remember I have a wide foot so I need comfort, which will help me skate longer without pain. Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Want to start inline skating, I have wide foot,12.5EEE. any brand recomends? prefer 1 buy,ForFutureProgress.?
If you're looking for recreational skates, then I can only recommend going to stores/shops and trying all the skates close to your shoe size. I definitely recommend a soft boot like Rollerblade, K2, or Salomon. You may have to go with a larger size to accomodate the width. If there are any skating events around your area, check out the skate company's booths, ask questions, try them on. You can check out this forum, someone has a similar problem, and there are alot of recommendations:





http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport...





Or if you want to go with the online route, maybe you can contact the store to get recommendations. Here's an online site that has free shipping (not sure how liberal their return policy is, though):





www.skatestop.net





I read that you would 'like to cut up %26amp; speed some also'. Since you have long feet, you might want to get skates that can accomodate 4 x 100mm wheels. You can use smaller wheels (78-80mm) on those frames, and as you feel more comfortable, switch up to larger wheels--90 to 100mm. The larger the wheel, the faster you will go. If you get skates with frames that can only take 80 mm wheels, you cannot trade up. If you would really like speed-skating, you might want to check out www.bont.com. They just came out with a 3-point mount system skates in a semi-race boot, which means the boots are cut taller for more ankle support. And the boots can be heat-molded to fit your feet! I also have wide feet, and also like to skate to exercise, and go fast. I always order custom skate boots from Glenn Koshi at Bont, and there is no other way you can go if you want skate boots that FIT you correctly. This is a bit pricier than buying off the shelf, but if you become committed to the sport, it might be 'the way'.





Hope you find your perfect pair of skates. Happy Rolling!
Reply:I found Missions quite narrow- probably not for you. You'll need soft wheels for an indoor floor. I wouldn't worry about bearings at that level.



aircraft

No comments:

Post a Comment